Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Another rant

Okay, I know that I said that I would start a part II to my fashion rant, but I'm just not feeling up to it at the moment. I've got another subject that I want to bitch about. Frivolous lawsuits. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SHIT! We live in such a "blame others" society that this crap is getting out of control. Wait. Nevermind that last sentence. It has BEEN out of control. Everything seems to be someone elses fault. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

"Oh my God! I'm fat! I need to sue McDonalds!" How's this for a thought fat ass? DON'T FUCKING EAT THERE!

I've smoked three packs of Marlboro reds a day for 30 years, and now I have cancer! I'm gonna sue! Well duh.

This all came to a head for me with that dumbass that "found" the finger in her Wendy's chili. We all know that she planted it. Where the hell did the finger come from? Shit like this goes on because no one can take responsibility for their own actions.

A few years back, I got a DUI. I deserved it. I was driving drunk. Thankfully, I didn't kill anyone or damage any property. When I was going through my court ordered alcohol classes, it was stressed that being a drinker wasn't our faults. Neat concept, except for one thing. I'm the one that fucked up. My grandfather didn't put me behind the wheel that night. I actually was asked to leave that class because, heaven forbid, IT WAS OUR OWN FUCKING FAULTS! The rest of the class couldn't except that. "Its not my fault. Its in my genes." Possibly. Just another way for us to blame someone else for our own problems.

Now I could go on with this for days, so I'd better stop now and take a few deep breaths before I get too worked up. I just needed to get this off my chest. Where's my damn pills?

-Matt

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the post! One of my biggest peeves is personal responsibility and you have hit the nail right on the head! Exoneration is not the solution! AA uses the serenity prayer as a reminder that we are all fallible. This is true! The prayer does not imply that we are not supposed to be responsible!

God, Grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference.

It's that last line that is the focus and above all squarely places responsibility in the individual’s hands! Wisdom to know the difference! The prayer asks God for empowerment! Empowerment is by nature and definition an individual's authority and responsibility.

2:13 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home