Sunday, May 08, 2005

WHAT A FIGHT!!!

Oh my Gawd. Diego 'Chico' Corrales and Jose Luis Castillo fought one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. That's really saying something since I've seen thousands and thousands of boxing matches. A war. A battle. Call it what you want. When people ask me why I'm a boxing fan, this is the fight I will point them too. Any fight that gets non-boxing fans screaming at the television is a great fight. And this one will go down in history as, probably, the fight of the decade.

The two warriors fought "inside a phone booth" for most of the fight. Referee Tony Weeks rarely needed to seperate them as they were always throwing punches and working. My hat is off to Mr. Weeks for officiating brilliantly.

Diego Corrales, both eyes swollen damn near shut, suffers not one but, TWO knockdowns in round ten. He gets up both times and knocks out J.L. Castillo in the same round! Talk about heart and a warrior's mentality. Both fighters deserved a standing ovation during the fight. Imagine what they deserved AFTER the fight.

Jose Luis Castillo and Diego Corrales, I salute you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home